Mrs. Campagna's Class

A mind is like a parachute, it only works when open. -Frank Zappa

Quadblogging!

on February 12, 2015

Hello Friends,

This coming week we will be beginning something very new and exciting! We will begin quadblogging with 3 other classrooms from around the world!  We have partnered with Mrs. Quigley’s 4th Grade Class in Hudsonville, Michigan, Mrs. Pjura’s 2nd Grade Class in Apache Junction, Arizona, and Mrs. Ericsson and Mrs. DeBique Year 3 and Year 4 Class in Taranaki, New Zealand.

The idea behind quadblogging is that each classroom takes a turn for a week being a focal point of the quad.  During that time the other members of the quad all engage in that blog, participate in any activities they initiate and take the time to learn more about their classroom, their school and their region.  

Our class is going to go first next week and we are working on some ideas of different ways we can get involved with our new friends!  We can’t wait to get started!  I’d love to hear ideas from students or visitors on ways we can engage with our new quadblogging buddies!  Comment below! 

21 Responses to “Quadblogging!”

1. samanthap2014 says:

Dear,mrs.campagna,
    I think this is a good idea. But I don’t know if I can do this. Can I do this at school because I might need some help.

From,
    Samantha

• Mrs. Campagna says:

Dear Samantha,

I absolutely think you can do this! You are a wonderful blogger and I’m excited to see how you engage with the other classes. That being said, if you need help at school you know I’m happy to do that! Have a good long weekend and post something new on your blog! I’m going to check it out by Sunday! 🙂
      Love,
      Mrs. C.

• talia says:

Hello this is Talia from Michigan, I really like the style of your blog! I think the map is really cool!!!!

• Anonymous says:

Dear Mrs.Campagna

Thank you for pointing everybody out!!

Love,
      McKenna

2. Denise Ellis says:

Seeing the map and the massive distance between the classrooms makes the upcoming communication between the students most impressive!
    This is going to be a neat experience for all involved!

• Mrs. Campagna says:

Dear Mrs. Ellis,
      Thank you for your help today with our party! We appreciate it! :). Yes, it is really interesting to see the difference in locations on the map! We have split into groups for next week and each group is going to create a video about our town and our school. We are really excited to share it with out new buddies! Check back next week to see what Room 815 cooks up ! 🙂
      Your friend,
      Mrs. C.

3. hamsikat2014 says:

Dear Mrs.Campagna,
    it is very exiting that we are doing quadblogging.

Con Amor,
    Hamsika

4. hamsikat2014 says:

Dear Mrs.C,
    They are very far away for us.

Con Amor,
    Hamsika

• Mrs. Campagna says:

Dear Hamsika,

I’m glad you are excited about quadblogging! You are right, they are all pretty far away. I think this is going to be a wonderful learning opportunity for us! I can’t wait to see what our groups come up with for their videos. 🙂
      Have a great long weekend!
      Love,
      Mrs. C.

5. Mrs. Q says:

Hi kids in Mrs. Campagna’s class! This is Mrs. Quigley from Hudsonville, Michigan! Our class really likes your blog! Keep up the good work! We can’t wait to read more!

6. Jennifer says:

Hi This is Jennifer from Michigan we are excited and I have one question! How did your Valentines party go :)! thanks and bye!

7. Anonymous says:

hi its so nice to be blogging with you i am a student in Mrs.Quigleys class

8. talia says:

Hello mrs.C’s class I think your blog is really cool!!!
    -Talia

9. Nick says:

Hi I’m Nick from Mrs.Q’s 4th grade class I’m really looking forward to blog with you.

10. braedenm2014 says:

Dear Mrs. C,

I know that you said to get on our blogs and Quad blog but I didn’t know what to do but I did get on their blogs.

Your Student,
    Braeden

11. talia says:

Wow I think the map is super cool
    Talia from mrs. Q’s class

12. jakob says:

hi im jakob and its awesome that i get to blog with you guys

13. Julie Chabot says:

Mrs. Campagna,
    I am a middle school teacher in France and would like to try quadblogging but I am not sure what kind of blog works best for this. One class blog where all students post on the same space or one with individual student blogs? I am new to this!
    Can you advise me since you apparently have some experience? Thanks! – Julie Chabot

• Anonymous says:

Hi Julie!
      We had a wonderful experience Quadblogging this year with classes from Arizona, New Zealand, and Michigan. It was our first attempt and I could see so many benefits for the students! If you see this, feel free to email me at acampagna@ofcs.net And we can email more in detail. Our family has close ties to France as my husband’s grandma is French and his uncles travel there often. I have never been but have heard so many wonderful things! Thanks for reaching out to us!
      Sincerely,
      Andrea Campagna

• Julie says:

Thanks for your speedy response which I only saw now! Sorry! I will email you now.

• Julie says:

Hello Andrea,
          Did you receive my e-mail from the 19th of August? I am trying to figure out if quadblogging is best with all students posting on the same blog or posting on individual student blogs.
          Also, is it possible to avoid having to upgrade to a pay theme? Is your blog free? Are you able to manage student posts anyway?
          School in France starts next week so I still have a few days left to get my blog working. You must be very busy back in school now.
          Cheers! – Julie Chabot