Mrs. Campagna's Class

A mind is like a parachute, it only works when open. -Frank Zappa

Blogging Challenge 3: A Story Chain and a Jigsaw Puzzle!

on January 5, 2015

Hello Friends!

This week you have a fun challenge that ties in with writing!  There are two parts to this challenge and you can do them in any order you choose.

1. Create a story chain!  Your job is to write a post explaining the directions to a story chain (like I am doing here), so that your visitors understand what they need to do.  Then, write a few sentences to get your readers going. These sentences should be well-written, creative and interesting!  You can leave off in the middle or end of a sentence and when people visit your blog they will add a comment to continue the story.  Each person has to add on to the comment above them so that the story continues to make sense! Let’s see who can create the longest story chain!  I started my own story chain  at the bottom of this page.  Please keep my story chain going by commenting below!

2. Once you have completed your story chain, I thought it would be fun to find a picture that goes with the start of your story on google.com/images . Once you have this photo, save it to your computer either at home or at school.

Watch this video at the link below to discover how to turn your image into a jigsaw puzzle!!

Video on How to Create a Jigsaw Puzzle!

Here is my jigsaw puzzle.  Can you complete this and my story chain?

preview42 pieceSnowman

The Day our Snowman Came to Life

On a blustery, snowy day, three third grade kids rushed outside to play at after school.  The wind whipped their scarves around their faces and reddened their cheeks. Charlotte said to her friend  Sam, “Hey Sam, let’s build a snowman!  I found all these old clothes that we can put on him!”  Sam was excited.  This sounded like fun!  First, they rolled a large ball to be the base of their snowman…

6 Responses to “Blogging Challenge 3: A Story Chain and a Jigsaw Puzzle!”

1. Kelly Strang says:

Sounds fun class!!

2. Luke says:

Next, they rolled a medium size ball for the snowman’s body and a small ball for his head. They put eyes, a mouth, two arms, and a nose. Then they found a old hat floating like a paper bag in the wind. Charlotte stood up and put the hat on him and…

• Denise Ellis says:

This is awesome! I can’t wait to read how all the kids’ stories turn out.
      I had to try the puzzle myself – so fun!

3. Noah G says:

Then, Sam found some old pink sun glasses and after Charlotte got a hold of the hat she helped build some ears. Sam got the sun glasses on to the snowman and named him Bob. They laughed and laughed at how silly Bob looked…

4. simon2014 says:

dear Mrs. Campanga
    I like your snow man. Your snow man post is so interesting. I need to here more!

5. Morgan says:

Hello Mrs. Campagna’s class,
    I am Morgan from Mrs. Quigley’s class.
    I hope you’re having a good year.
    I wonder what you’re learning this year.
    I think I am going to adopt a virtual pet
    love, Morgan