Mrs. Campagna's Class

A mind is like a parachute, it only works when open. -Frank Zappa

About The Penderwicks

on September 30, 2014

This is Caleb and Noah. This is our first guest blogging post. In the book The Penderwicks there are four daughters, a dad, and a dog in the Penderwick family. The daughters names are Batty, she is the youngest and has the most imagination, Skye, is the only one that has blue eyes and blonde hair, Jane, is the most polite one and last but not least Rosalind, she is the oldest. Hound is the Penderwicks pet. The Penderwicks went to Mrs. Tiftons Cottage called Arundel Hall. Mrs. Tifton has one son named Jeffery and one worker named Cagney Mrs. Tifton is super mean. Skye bumped into Jeffery and said some really mean  and rude things about Mrs. Tifton. Skye said “Isn’t Mrs. Tifton really snooty and mean? Jeffery was really offended when Skye said the mean things about Mrs. Tifton. Skye is HORRIBLE at baking. Jane went to go apologize to Jeffery & she left Skye all alone at the cottage making cookies. Skye left the oven on broil and went to do her homework. When Jeffery and Jane got home there was smoke in the kitchen. Mr. Penderwick was doing his work and batty was playing fairy with Hound. Cagney, Mr.Penderwick, and Rosalind were putting out the fire while Batty, Jeffery, and Jane went to a garden with a bull in it. Batty went inside the garden and started picking the bulls daisys. Batty screamed and when Batty was screaming the bull was starting to chase Batty. Jane and Jeffery were trying to distract the bull and save Batty. The bull was charging at Batty but before the bull could hit Batty Skye grabbed Batty. Who is Mrs. Tifton? Explain your answer with C.U.P.S.

From,

Noah and Caleb

Have fun reading!!

19 Responses to “About The Penderwicks”

1. mackenzieb says:

Dear Noah and Cable
    Miss Tifton is Jeffery mom because the man that told Batty to watch out for Miss T
    and Sky told mean stuff about Miss T to Jeffery and dido’t know that it was Miss T son.
    From Mackenzie
    P.S great work.

• nataliej says:

Dear Mackenzie,

Nice job on the comment I really liked it. I liked the abbreviation for Mrs.Tiftion. Are you close to being done with your all about me.

love,
      natalie

2. daniellec says:

Dear caleb and Noah,
    You did a awesome job! Mrs.Tifton is Jeffreys mom because when Sky said bad things about mrs.T he got upset.

From,
    Danielle

3. Nataliej says:

Dear Noah and Caleb

I really liked the paragraph it was filled with details.Mrs.Tiftion is Jeffrey’s mom.Skye said bad things about Mrs.Tiftion that is why Jane was gone Jane was chose to apologize at the moopes. Really good paragraph.

From,
    Natalie

4. hamsikat says:

Dear Caleb and Noah,
    You have a great juicy paragraph . I like how you typed lots of details. Your right.Skye was being mean to Jeffery and Mrs.Tiftion. It was shoking when we found out that Jeffery was Mrs.Tiftion’s son. It was weird because Jane apologized for Skye because Skye was scared. I wonder why Batty went under the gate with a bull on the otherside. I can’t believe that Jeffery, Jane and Skye saved Batty. Before that Skye and Rosalind were baking cookies. Rosalind saw Cagney having trouble and left Skye alone baking the cookies. You are right again. Skye is bad at baking. Skye set the oven on broil. The whole cottege was on fire everyone tried to help. The fire was gone. Wow,you guy did a great job.

From,
    Hamsika

5. andyv says:

Dear Noah and Celeb,

You guys did great with cups. mrs. Tifton is a mean woman who likes to pick on pepole. She is not vary nice at all. Many pepole do not like mrs. Tifton

6. Mrs. C. says:

Hello Class!

Wow! What excellent comments! I noticed that people were focusing on adding a greeting and a closing. I also noticed that all the students who commented really tried hard to remember to use C.U.P.S.! Way to go! These guest bloggers certainly worked hard to write an interesting and detailed guest blogging post for us. I hope everyone is having a wonderful day , even though I am not there to share it with you (sad!).

Love,
    Mrs. C.

• daniellec says:

dear Mrs.C,
      I agree with you. Caleb and Noah did a awesome job I think they took a lot of time into it. I think you did a good job telling them to write about The Penderwicks.

Love,
      Danielle

7. NoahG says:

Thank you for all of the nice comments you guys wrote. Hamsika wrote a very long polite comment.

Thanks,
    NoahG

8. janah says:

Sorry Izzy I was not done with my comment.

9. calebe says:

Hello class,
    This is Caleb. Just like Noah said thank you for all of the nice comments you guys wrote back.
    Sincerely,
    Caleb

10. Mrs. Campagna says:

Hello Friends,
    Look at the top of the page. Do you see a page called “how to write strong comments”? Scroll all the way to the bottom and you will see the link.

Love,
    Mrs.C.

11. Braedenm says:

Dear room 815,

I love your juicy paragraph.

Con ,Amor

12. addieo2013 says:

I love the Penderwicks. It is a very good book.