Mrs. Campagna's Class

A mind is like a parachute, it only works when open. -Frank Zappa

Guest Blog: Sami B. and Audrey

on October 18, 2012

CHOOSING CLASS PET

Hello friends! With Mrs.Campagna’s permission we are asking you to vote for a class pet. Our first choice was a Rabbit. They are good pets because they are good in small areas. If taken care of carefully they will live up to 13-14 years if indoor rabbit 10-12 years. They love to eat hay, pelettes,fruits,and all kinds of treats,but many is not good.

Our next choice is Guniea pigs,guniea pigs eat about 1/8 of a cup per
day.They love to eat veggies such as kale,collard,greens,spinach,romaine
lettuce,cellery,green peppers,peas,and blueberries are the perfect choices.

Our last choice was Gerbils.If taken good care of gerbils will live
up to 6 years if not 4 years.Gerbils have few health problems like secrure cage,diet,and careful handeling help ensure a pet’s saftey and well being.Non good diet contains ill or injured.So be careful! So classmates and other voters you can only vote once for one of these fantastic pets! So have fun voting!

39 Responses to “Guest Blog: Sami B. and Audrey”

1. Elisa Waingort says:

Hi Mrs. Campagna’s class,
    I think you have three good choices. You have clearly done your research about each pet. I would vote for the rabbit because he lives the longest. Just thought you might find it interesting to know that in the highland in Ecuador the guinea pig (“cuy”) is considered a delicacy of sorts and people eat “cuys” like they would eat chicken or pork. So, even though that would be a good reason for me to choose the guinea pig, I would still vote for the rabbit. Good luck making your decision. I can’t wait to hear the results of your survey and what you finally choose to do. Regards!

2. Lauren K. says:

Hi Class,
    My vote is for the guinea pig. Warning:hamsters sleep all day. Another warning: bunnies smell bad. Another warning:gerbils bite.
    Sincerely,
    Lauren the guinea pig lover

3. Mrs. Katona says:

Dear Class,
    I am also voting for the guinea pig. Good Luck Guinea Pig Lovers!
    Love,
    :)Mrs. Katona

4. Emma says:

Dear class,
    I vote for a guinea pig.
    This is why because there so cute.
    I don’t pick a bunny because some of them have red eyes and it looks like there devils and also the devil look is so creepy and also they look like they want to eat you because of there eyes.The other reson i don’t want a bunny is that they live up to 14 years.I don’t want a gerbil is because in the pictures they look like rats.Also gerbils sometimes bite.Back to the bunny and also for the bunnys mrs. campagna would be 40 something and probably be done with teaching.So go guinea pig voters.

🙂 Love,
    Emma the animal lover

5. Morgan says:

Dear class,

I vote for a guinea pig because they are much easier then bunnies.
    I used to have a hamster named Harry. He always escaped from his cage.
    When we put peanut crackers out he would always come back.
    That is why I vote for a guinea pig.

From,
    Morgan

6. Madison says:

Dear Class,

I vote for a Guniea pig as the class pet. My mom had a Guniea pig when she was a little girl that loved to sit in her lap while she read books.

Thank you,
    Madison

7. emerson says:

dear samiB. and audrey,
    I vote for a guniea pig because they are very nice. I did not vote for rabbits because they might bite me. And I agree with Emma that gerbils look like rats. From Emerson

8. Sammie says:

Dear Class,
    I vote for a rabbit because they are very cute and cuddly! They have a very easy home to clean.

From,
    Sammie,

9. Mrs. Gaba says:

Dear Class,
    I vote for gerbil because they are small. And they are fun to watch run on a wheel.

10. Brianna G says:

I think you should get a bunny. If you get a bunny get it from a place where if you don’t like it you can take it back, because all rabbits have different aditudes. My class once had a bunny and it was very sweet.

11. erin says:

Dear class,
    I think that we should get a guinea pig because gerbils sleep all day!Go guinea pigs!

From,
    Erin

12. noah v says:

dear class,
    I think that a bunny would be a good pet because it is fluffy, soft,
    and fun.

13. Sami B says:

Dear Class,
    I think that a bunny would be a good class pet because they are cute
    and fun to play with.

from,
    sami B

14. Mallory says:

Dear class,
    I think we should get a guinea pig because they don’t usally make a big mess. Also I think that they are so cute the way they nibble on their food. So it would not be a bad pet because there is not that much to take care of for a guinea pig. I wonder where we would put the cage in our classroom? I think this would be a good class pet for our class.

Sincrly,
    Mallory

15. kyler says:

Dear class,

I think we should have a Gerbil there sooooooooooooo funny when they both meat.

Sincrly.
    Kyler

16. saml2012 says:

dear mrs campagna
    I think the best class pet is rabbit 1
    do you like that?

your student,
    saml

17. audreyi says:

Dear Class,
    I think we should get a guinea pig because Mrs.Campagna said they are good class pets.

Love,
    Audrey

18. Mrs. Campagna says:

Dear Class,

My vote is for a guinea pig! The reason I choose a guinea pig is because they are just like having a cat or dog, they are hairy and fluffy and they have very funny personalities. They love to sit with you while you read or work at your seat! I can’t wait to see the results of our survey!

Love,
    Mrs. Campagna

19. Dear Mrs. Campagna, says:

i think we should get a guinea pig.because they’re fluffy.

• Samantha says:

Dear Mrs Campagna,
      I think that you should use C.U.P.S. You didn’t capitalize the first letter in your sentence and you have a period in the middle of the sentence.

• Mrs. Campagna says:

Dear Samantha ,

Thank you for being so observant, but that was not my comment. I believe someone wrote “dear Mrs. Campagna” as their name. It is wonderful if you are looking for quality comments though! We all need to make sure to use C.U.P.S. and to be using good letter writing format( that means adding a closing Mrs. Campagna’s students!). I can’t believe all the feedback we have gotten about our class pet! Thank you so much to all of the friends, parents , and siblings who have commented! This makes blogging so much fun!

Love,
        Mrs. Campagna

20. Caleb Sherman says:

I think a bunny

21. Mrs. Sherman says:

This is a hard choice for me because I am allergic to furry animals. So maybe a hamster would be my vote. I think they are the least furry.

22. Matthew M says:

Dear calls, I vote for a guinea pig! because I love them. I hope we get one. lets see the results. from, Mattman

23. max says:

Dear class,

I vote for guinea pig cause mrs.campagma says we are aloud one pluse i dont want to take a rabbit home cause if i halft to feed it it mite bite me. Also i dont want a gerble cause they look like mice

your classmate,
    MAX

24. Allie says:

Dear Class,
    I vote for a bunny for our class pet. This is why, if I had a pet I
    would get a bunny. Also I think I would like it as a class pet
    because they are adorable.

Your Friend,
    Allie

25. Allie says:

Dear Mrs. Campagna’s Class,

I vote for a bunny because I think they are super cute!

From,
    Mrs. Gumeny

26. Lauren Gumeny says:

Dear Mrs. Campagna’s Class,

I vote for a bunny because I feel that it would be a great addition to your classroom.

From,
    Lauren

27. Samantha says:

Dear class,
    I vote for a bunny because bunnys are fluffy and cute.

28. Mrs Grant says:

I vote for a gerbil! I had two for pets when I was little (a long long time ago) and I miss them:) Maybe you will let us take care of your class pet on a holiday.

29. makayla says:

Dear Mrscampagna,
    I think that a bunny because thay are very cute and thay like to sit on peopels laps!

with,
    Makayla

30. omarkabra says:

Dear Class,

I vote for the gueina pig! I love them they are so cute. I am excited to have a pet for our class!

31. dorie beltram says:

Dear Mrs Campagna, I think the class would really love a guinea pig. They are so cute and soft.

32. Mr. Campagna says:

Dear Class,

I vote for the guinea pig. Mrs. Campagna had a guinea pig once, and he was really friendly. He loved to make squeaking noises when he wanted a carrot or lettuce. He also loved to be held, and always looked like his hair was messed up! I am sure that any guinea pig would be really excited to be your class pet,

Good luck with your new class pet.
    Mr. Campagna

33. mr beltram says:

dear class, I vote guinea pig becaus they have short legs and if they escape they are easy to catch

34. Mr. Gumeny says:

Dear Mrs. Campagna’s Class,

I think a bunny would make an awesome class pet!

From,
    Mr. Gumeny

35. gavin says:

Dear class,
    I vote for a guinea pig because there fluy and fun to play with.

From,
    Gavin

36. Mrs. Campagna says:

Dear Class,

Wow! What an amazing survey! We definitely had a lot of involvement to try to decide what kind of class pet would be best for our classroom. The vote was….GUINEA PIG! We are very, very excited. I applied for a grant to help pay for the guinea pig and we were lucky enough to receive that grant. I will begin looking for a guinea pig that would be a happy, involved part of our classroom community this weekend. Thank you again for all of the involvement from parents, siblings, students and outside friends! You make our blog come alive!

Love,
    Mrs. Campagna

37. Emersonl says:

Dear mrs.campagna,
    I am glad we got a guinea pig.Are you?-emerson